In-Person & Online Drum Lessons
I’m Mark Goodin… the Hard Rock Drummer. Let’s talk about where you’re at with your drumming, and where you’d like to be. Together, you and I will develop an Individualized Learning Program designed just for you. Whether you’re in Las Vegas, Lake Arthur or London, we’ll work at your level – and at your pace.
Providing drum lessons and private drum set instruction since 1992. Specializing in:
- Drum set performance, rock and metal
- Snare drum performance, rudimental and orchestral
- MIDI programming
- Drum set recording
Lessons focus on (depending on skill level)
- Limb independence and interdependence
- Developing correct hand and foot technique
- Learning to read or honing your existing reading skills
- Taking the mystery out of complex concepts, fills, and grooves
- Making your grooves and fills sound and feel good by playing “in the pocket”
- Helping other musicians relax and play their best by keeping solid time
- Learning to construct drum parts that serve the song and that are interesting for both you and the listener
- Playing comfortably and competently with a click track or metronome
- Developing your signature sound and approach on the kit – and conveying it in any musical situation
- Unlocking an endless stream of creative, fresh ideas
- Recording and analyzing your playing
- Opening the door to self-learning
- Getting results fast by learning how to practice
- Making a lasting impression on producers, musicians, and everyone you meet!
But don’t take my word, see what students are saying
“Mark is very professional, has an amazing skill-set and is very patient with my child. We feel fortunate to have Mark as an instructor.” ~ Rubin S.
Mark’s incredible skill as a drummer is only matched by his abilities as a teacher. In just a short time with Mark’s instruction, I have made vast improvements in my drumming. At my first lesson with Mark, he determined my skill level and what I sought to achieve with my lessons. Almost immediately, the fundamentals Mark showed me were translating into my drumming with my band. Mark has opened doors in my playing that I didn’t know existed. Mark is incredibly patient and really cares about ensuring I receive significant benefit from my lessons. Mark really goes out of his way to make sure I fully grasp everything he shows me. I would highly recommend Mark for anyone who wants to learn from a true master at his craft and from a teacher who takes pride in his students and his teaching. Thank you Mark!!” ~ Brad M.
“I have had many different types of music teachers throughout my life and Mark is by far the best. He is very serious about helping his students do what they want to do. I had specific goals I wanted to accomplish. Mark took my goals seriously and did what he could to help me understand the techniques to be a good drummer. He broke things down in to little steps that helped me to practice on my own and figure specific drum patterns out. He gave me the tools to improve myself as a musician. Mark did not have to but he chose to put a lot of his own time in to teaching me what I wanted to learn. He obviously cares about his students and takes them seriously. I highly recommend him to any future students.” ~ Adam W.
Teaching resources include: CDs, DVDs, transcriptions, method books. Method books used depend on skill level, examples include: Advanced Techniques for the Modern Drummer (Jim Chapin), Future Sounds & the Code of the Funk (David Garibaldi), Rockin’ Bass Drum (John Lombardo), Rhythm & Meter (Gary Chaffee), Podemski’s Standard Snare Drum Method, Polyrhythmic Studies for Snare Drum (Fred Albright), Delong Way to Polyrhythmic Creativity (Paul DeLong)…
Rates for drum lessons vary depending on skill level and area of study. Reach out today and let’s get started!
‘Like’ Mark Goodin Drums & Drumming on Facebook to stay up-to-date on brand new online lessons and drumming videos!